What is it about?
The best introduction to the city is a FREE Tour.
-Lonely Planet: Europe on a Shoestring
Why is RESERVATION MANDATORY for the Wiseman Free Tour?
It´s for two reasons. The first are safety reasons. Český Krumlov has very few COVID-19 cases but you never know. It´s better to know who joins the tour. In case of any problem, it´s possible to contact each participant afterward. The second reason is practical. There are very few tourists arriving in Český Krumlov right now. Sometimes we are in the main square waiting for tourists and nobody joins us. That´s why we need to know that you want to join us.
MAKE A RESERVATION for the Wiseman Free Walking Tour.
The tour is based on donation system. It‘s simple and logical: you get a great tour, and you decide if and how much you want to give. See FAQ for more details.
Enjoy one of the most beatiful cities in the world!
The Wiseman Free Tour of Český Krumlov starts at 10:30 am in the main square. We focus on the general history of Český Krumlov and the renaissance times when the town flourished the most. The tour covers the UNESCO historical center, St. Vitus church, renaissance houses, Český Krumlov castle, and much more...
When and Where?
|From April to October||every day at 10:30 AM and 2 PM|
|From November to March||every day at 10:30 AM
(except of December 24th, 25th , January 1st and from January 15th to March 15th)
- Our free walking tours start in front of the tourist "INFOCENTRUM" office on the main square
(Náměstí Svornosti) in Český Krumlov, CZ.
- Our guides wear red shirts and have red umbrellas with a MEETING POINT sign.
- The Free Tour takes from 1,5 to 2 hours.
- booking is MANDATORY - contact us for availability.
If you're not sure, just look for the red umbrella
with a "MEETING POINT" sign!
What you will see
- Český Krumlov Castle with all five courtyards
- Castle tower
- Renaissance town hall
- Former Jesuit college
- Bears' moat
- Cloak bridge
- Castle Baroque theatre
- Medieval privy
- The best view point in town - Jesuit garden
- Gothic church of St.Vit
- Barber's house
- Plague column
- Renaissance houses of rich townsmen
- Former Rosenbergs´ hospital and St. Jošt church
- Old town brewery
- ...and much more!