What is it about?
The best introduction to the city is a FREE Tour.
-Lonely Planet: Europe on a Shoestring
The tour is based on donation system. It‘s simple and logical: you get a great tour, and you decide if and how much you want to give. See FAQ for more details.
Enjoy one of the most beatiful cities in the world!
Český Krumlov feels like a place frozen in time. Completely preserved renaissance UNESCO town was once the home of the richest noble families of Bohemia to be forgotten for a few centuries and rediscovered after the fall of communism. Walk through the cobbled streets and experience the charm of Český Krumlov with best local tour guides.
The Wiseman Free Tour of Český Krumlov starts in the main square and covers the most interesting places of the town, including st. Vitus church, renaissance houses, the Barber´s bridge and, of course, the second biggest castle in the Czech Republic.
If you want to have our guide only for yourself we recommend The Private Tour and if you want the whole town only for yourself we recommend The Night Tour! In the evenings all the tourists are gone and there is only you, dark stories and ghosts!
The Free Night Tour at 9 pm is NOT available in 2019.
When and Where?
|From April to October||every day at 10:30 AM and 2 PM|
|From November to March||every day at 10:30 AM
(except of December 24th, 25th , January 1st and from January 15th to March 15th)
- Our free walking tours start in front of the tourist "INFOCENTRUM" office on the main square
(Náměstí Svornosti) in Český Krumlov, CZ.
- Our guides wear red shirts and have red umbrellas with a MEETING POINT sign.
- The Free Tour takes about 2 hours.
- no booking necessary - but when you are 8 or more contact us for availibility
If you're not sure, just look for the red umbrella
with a "MEETING POINT" sign!
What you will see
- Cesky Krumlov Castle with all five courtyards
- Castle tower
- Renaissance town hall
- Former Jesuit college
- Bears' moat
- Cloak bridge
- Castle Baroque theatre
- Medieval privy
- The best view point in town - Jesuit garden
- Gothic church of St.Vit
- Barber's house
- Plague column
- Renaissance houses of rich townsmen
- Former Rosenbergs´ hospital and St. Jošt church
- Old town brewery
- ...and much more!