What is The Free Tour system?
This is the title given to tours that work on a donation basis (at the end of the tour you decide how much the tour was worth to you). In our small company we are confident enough to let you decide the value of the tour. You can not get a fairer system and this ensures that our guides provide the service every tour.
- The Free Tour and the Private Tour run all year long.
At 10:30 am and at 2 pm every day from April to October.
At 10:30 am from November to March.
- No, there is no reservation needed for individual travelers or small groups. But if you are a group of 8 or more people we require a reservation. In that case, please, contact us or make a reservation for a private tour.
- Our guides always have a red umbrella with a sign MEETING POINT and UK/USA flag and red T-shirt.
- At 2 pm we run Český Krumlov 20th century tour. During the tour, we´ll discover the historical center of Český Krumlov and we´ll focus on the most important events of the 20th century - the arrival of Adolf Hitler to the town, invasion of the Soviet army in 1968, history of Jews, liberation by the US army or the fate of the noble owners of Český Krumlov castle during and after WW2. Read more about it on our blog.
- We recommend all participants arrive at least 5 minutes before the tour starts. Of course you will not miss the tour by coming just on time.
- The Free Night Tour is NOT available anymore. We provide only a private Night Tour. It´s 1,5 long and we use a portable projector when it gets dark to show you pictures interiors of Cesky Krumlov houses and old photographs from the 20th century - Adolf Hitler arriving to our town or American soldiers liberating this place at the end of the war. Feel free to contact us for the Private Night Tour.
- The tour begins in the main square and if you are a little late you will very likely find us there. If not the tour proceeds through Horni street to a viewpoint in front of the Hotel Ruze.
- There is no maximum number of people on the tour. Our goal is to give a free tour to everybody. On the other hand, we require a reservation for groups of 8 or more people. In general most of the time there are not more than 20 people joining the tour in high season and about10 or fewer people in the low season.
- The tours run in all weather conditions, sun, rain, or snow.
- All free tours we organize are free of charge. You just show up and enjoy the tour. If you enjoyed the tour and are satisfied with our service, please, leave a tip or donation at the end of the tour. The only reward the guides are your tips. Your donations are the best way to support our project so we can carry on and improve it also in the future.
- The main difference is the fact that our guides do not get paid for their job. Their only reward is your tip. They are highly motivated professionals who know that they have to deserve your tips. That´s why free walking tours are usually the best.
- The Free tour of Cesky Krumlov takes from 1,5 to 2 hours.
- The duration of the tour is around 2 hours so we don’t stop for any break. We can make a quick toilette break if necessary. We do not stop for food or drinks. Feel free to choose where you would like to go after the tour. Our guides are open to your questions and are ready to give you great recommendations.
- All the tours are in English.
- No. The Free Tour is an easy and pleasant walk through the town.
- Children are welcome as long as they can keep with the others.
- Yes. On the tour we go on two staircases but it’s possible to go around them.
- Yes, you can, unless you have got a tiger or a lion.
- Yes, it is possible. You can customize the time of the tour. For more information see the Private Tour.
- The Wiseman is a wise and trusted guide and advisor.