This walking tour takes a modern look at Český Krumlov, its role and impact during World War 2, and life under communism. Hear the fascinating stories about local jews, nazis, and nobles. Český Krumlov 20th Century Private Tour is a truly unique experience. It combines big historical events, local personal stories, and excellent black and white photographs to depict recent events as accurately as never before.
book from 8 am to 7 pm (1,5 hours)
Main Square Svornosti 1, Český Krumlov – in front of the information center
from 78 EURO
- learn why Adolf Hitler arrived in Český Krumlov one year before WW2 and why local greeted him as a hero- explore the historical center of Český Krumlov
- see the local synagogue, the historical center of Český Krumlov, and visit the second biggest castle in the Czech Republic
- see photographs of Soviet tanks patrolling in the main square of this medieval town during the Soviet invasion in 1968
- listen to the history of rising and fall of the Jewish population of Český Krumlov
- learn why the town survived World War II and communism, unlike many other places in Europe
- hear the disturbing story of the last lord of Český Krumlov, his hatred towards nazis, and his forced exile after WW2 was over
- get a map of Český Krumlov for FREE
This tour is one-of-a-kind. Using the example of this small town, you will learn a good deal about the history of central Europe in the 20th century.
The number of participants is limited. Don’t miss the opportunity to join it.
[...]Excellent tour we had. Jan was a great guide and pleasant to listen to. I can only advise every one who is in Cesky Krumlov to take the tour. Read more... MarcelK519, Great Britain
[...]It was awesome. It takes about 2hrs. But it has a lot of story. Our team's guide was local. So he knows chesky's history well. It was so interesting. And that was good memory to me. I recommend this tour program to visitors to chesky. Read more... Journey33979134375, USA
[...]Was great to be taken around the town by a local. Jan was great and the tour was very intersting. Thank you! Read more... Bethany, USA
[...]Although we had been to Krumlov several times in the past, we had never thought about taking a free walk with a local guide… and we are so glad we did it finally! Jan is a great local guide and speaks an amazing English! He is funny, informative and very kind. He even made a phone call to check if there were still tickets available for a tour that he recommended. Read more... tomoeh2023, USA