This walking tour takes a modern look at Český Krumlov, its role and impact during World War 2, and life under communism. Hear the fascinating stories about local jews, nazis, and nobles. Český Krumlov 20th Century Private Tour is a truly unique experience. It combines big historical events, local personal stories, and excellent black and white photographs to depict recent events as accurately as never before.
daily from 8 am to 6:30 pm (1,5 hours)
Main Square Svornosti 1, Český Krumlov – in front of the information center
59 € (1-35 people), get a map of Český Krumlov for FREE
- learn why Adolf Hitler arrived in Český Krumlov one year before WW2 and why local greeted him as a hero- explore the historical center of Český Krumlov
- see the local synagogue, the historical center of Český Krumlov, and visit the second biggest castle in the Czech Republic
- see photographs of Soviet tanks patrolling in the main square of this medieval town during the Soviet invasion in 1968
- listen to the history of rising and fall of the Jewish population of Český Krumlov
- learn why the town survived World War II and communism, unlike many other places in Europe
- hear the disturbing story of the last lord of Český Krumlov, his hatred towards nazis, and his forced exile after WW2 was over
- get a map of Český Krumlov for FREE
This tour is one-of-a-kind. Using the example of this small town, you will learn a good deal about the history of central Europe in the 20th century.
The number of participants is limited. Don’t miss the opportunity to join it.
[...]We really enjoyed our tour with Jan - An excellent tour and superior tour guide. Read more... Alaine L, Boulder, Colorado
[...]Ondrej was kind enough to accommodate us for a private tour on really short notice of just 2hrs. He himself turned up to give us the tour. It was extremely warm, knowledgeable and patient. Read more... Svapnil, Mumbai, India
[...]My tour guide Ondrej was excellent. He is friendly, a good story teller, sincere and speaks very good English. The tour covers the entire town and Ondrej can adjust the tour to your interests. Read more... travel007_8, Virginia, USA